Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Diary of a Sex Addict

Welcome. My name is John and I am a sex addict. This will be the first post of probably many over the next year. I am doing this instead of therapy, and I think I need a lot of therapy. Here I will discuss past transgressions and future attempts to "stay clean."

I am not going to say too much about myself, as my anonymity is still very important to me. I am in my late 20s. I work and live in a major Midwestern city. I have a respectable job and a wife who loves me more than I deserve.

I have had lifelong issues with sex and sexuality. I realize that I am not the only one out there who can say that. In my case, these issues came out in an ugly way early in my marriage. I have a relativistic sense of morality and I have no history of significant punishment for smaller moral infractions in my youth. But you can hear all about that another day.

I don't know who, if anybody, is going to read this. Your feedback and comments are welcome, even if it is things that are hard for me to hear. Also, humor is welcome. The sex addict jokes in Blades of Glory remain riotously funny, for example.

There is a website for sexaholics anonymous, an organization that I may become more involved with in the coming year. Right now I can't even imagine going to a meeting, but we'll see where all this leads.

1 comment:

Sienna said...

So far I think your doing a good job identifying the problem although you know you have one its still hard to define what level of seriousness you feel this problem is in your life!!